Fen Manor

No 2 Church Street formerly the Fenstanton Vicarage, and known as “The Old Vicarage” after the building of a new vicarage nearer the Parish Church and more suitable to modern family life.

This Grade II Listed building (listed 24/10/51) with walls of gault brick and a slate roof has subsequently been renamed Fen Manor by the current owners.

Fenstanton - the old Vicarage

The Vicarage. Built between 1810-1850 by the vicar, Thomas Bourdillon. Two storeys, attics and cellars. Gault brick, hipped slate roof, end stacks and rear stack. Boarded eaves with modillions.

Two flat roofed hung sash dormer windows. Five first floor recessed hung sash windows with glazing bars in cambered gauged brick arches.

Four similar, larger ground floor windows. Stone steps lead up to flat roofed portico with reeded columns and pilasters, a plain entablature and projecting cornice.

Doorcase with reeded reveals and reeded band at impost height between door and round headed fanlight. Panelled door.

*from the Listed Buildings Register